Friday, January 23, 2009

The Beginning

The Beginning

I am on a mission, I'm starting the engines, setting sail, preparing the fleet. To embark on the journey that is trying to at least partially support myself through my artwork. I have read countless articles on how to attempt to be successful online and how to go about marketing yourself, so on and so forth. You guessed it, having a blog is a great way to start getting your work noticed. I was looking at the daily painter blog and was amazed at how great their set-up is. They have tons of art that is featured daily and this fast refresh rate drives tons of traffic to the site. I would love to be part of a community like that but right now I am not producing enough art to keep up with their standards.
I am currently building up my social networking while working on a few major pieces. I feel like the painters who are selling a lot of their work are working small and targeting lower price points. I feel this might be the right way to go for original pieces that you have to send through mail. Along with selling prints online through imagekind.com I will try to update my blog with the latest of what I am working on and the latest art that is for sale, if there are prints available and where it is.
Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger