I have just recently completed this painting. I was motivated to do something with every kind of paint that I had. I also wanted to do something bright and original. The concept of this piece started with a design request from a friend. She wanted a tattoo on her back that involved an ank, wings and potentially some flowers or stars. I dropped the flowers and didn't add any stars, also the painting version gets a background so I got to have fun with that. I have to say that the picture does not do this one justice. I started by painting in the gradient of the background and then delicately pinstriped all the flames that cover its entirety. After I was done there I rushed excitedly outside to airbrush (spraypaint) the gradients that are along the edges of the painting. After all that was dried I started laying on the foundation for the wings (This is the part that was hard to see in the photo.). I took slightly old and really thick house paint and layed it down in extreamly thick coats with edgy paint strokes in the directions I was planning the feathers to go in. I did this many, many times alowing a day or so of dry time in between. The effect was perfect. I was getting cracks on the tops of the ridges. After I felt that the wings had enough bulk I started taping off the ank sybol in the middle. This was a slightly tedious process but I really wanted to use the spray adhesive and gold leaf. I finished that and let it dry for a few days before I painted the final layer of oil paints to add the shading to the wings. I will frame it as soon as the oil coat is mostly dry. I have to say it is a piece about experimenting with texture and mixed media and I had a lot of fun doing it. I will price this one for sale and no prints will be available. It is on canvas and is 22"x28".