Monday, February 02, 2009

Painterly

Painterly

I was fishing around for articles on finding inspiration when I found this tidbit and found it very interesting. I am going to try this out during my next painting session. I tend to work fast anyway so I might make the timer more like 10 min.

"To stop myself fiddling with detail, I use a brush two or three sizes up from the one I first think of picking up. I then set a kitchen timer for 15 minutes and don't let myself work on an area beyond this. When it rings, I must move onto another area and mustn't work on it again for another half an hour. Usually by then it doesn't seem to need as much detailing as I'd thought when I was in it. The result is my painting style is looser, more painterly, and less fussy. "
Tip from: J.B.

Found Here
Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger