Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentines Day Art Contest

Valentines Day Art Contest

This is the subject the contest calls for: "A sentimental moment of emotion, symbols of affection and adoration, or even a satire of Valentine's Day! Express your passions in any medium."

I am going to take a very small time out from my one paintbrush project at some point so I can participate in this contest. It is due on February 20th. I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be portraying the typical mushy subjects, like: people holding hands, candy, flowers ect. I think I might go the other way on the whole thing and show some serious satire of Valentines Day. If anything at all I have hopes that it will at least stand out from the mass of entries. I have a friend who is going to help me as a model. I am either going to use the shots that I get from the sitting or do charcoal drawings from them. I don't want to give to many details and ruin the surprise so you will just have to wait and see. I hope to work on it this Thusday.
Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger