Sunday, August 02, 2009

Art Walk Wall

Art Walk Wall

So since I have never showed my art anywhere let a lone an outdoor exhibit I didn't think about one very important thing. I am going to need a place to hang all my work! I met with the woman in charge of the art walk and I now have a good idea of where I am going to be located. I am not going to have a booth which is not a big deal because the whole area is shaded but I am going to have to provide all my own structures to display my art so this is what I built.
I went to Home Depot and purchased 4-2'x4' panels for about $4 each, got 6-8' 1"x2" boards for less then $2 each and then picked up 4 small hinges and some 3/4" copper nails. If you want to do this project you will need the gorilla glue that I used along with the nails to keep the whole thing sturdy.
The whole thing cost me just $30 and now I have 32' of art hanging space Ill also bring along with a few tables and 2 easels that will accommodate a couple more things. What you see in the picture is two separate pieces that hinge closed so they are easy to transport and versatile for future use.
Here it is all loaded up with the art that I am bringing with me. The larger pieces I will have on the easels. Overall I am very happy with the amount that I can bring with this set up.
Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger