Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Yay Red Ballon

Yay Red Ballon

This is a very popular image that I have had for a few years. It is taken in Sacramento in the spring. I had been waiting for the perfect day. I often let the weather guide me whether I am painting or waiting to set up a shot. I didn't just let countless red balloons go into the stratosphere nor did I "photoshop it" to get the perfect shot. I tied this little bugger to a very thin fishing line and tied that to a jug of water set on the ground so that it drifted just above my head. I stood in the middle of that parking lot for at least an hour during my lunch break staring up at the sky. I got a lot of strange looks but it was really worth it. There is nothing mysterious about this one it was just a matter of waiting for perfect weather.
Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger