Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beaverton Trader Joe's Welcome Mural

Beaverton Trader Joe's Welcome Mural

This is a mural that I painted for the store in the spring of this year. I included some close ups so you could see some of the process and a bit of the detail work. It really is more of a in person type of piece since there is so much detail included and its size. I believe this is 16 feet long by 4 feet high. I painted it with acrylics for detail and tinting and matte house paints for the bigger areas and the backgrounds. I made the layout to scale on paper and drew a grid over it. I then used a chalk line to place the grid on the initial blank board. This is important to lay out the text then all the detail and natural elements are just filled in where it seams more natural. I do think using the grid saved me time in the long run. The text was spaced perfectly the first time and there was no need to adjust.



Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger