Monday, January 21, 2013

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project

It's like a road trip, but with sketchbooks.


The Sketchbook Project is a global, crowd-sourced art project where participants from all walks of life are sent a sketchbook to fill with art of their making then return it for inclusion in a traveling exhibition and permanent collection at The Brooklyn Art Library.
 
First I took it all apart and made a nice new and shiny cover.
I was very tempted to keep it at this point.
This is the inside cover
Page 1
#1 The Red Tree. If any of these pieces look familiar it is on purpose to display the style of art that I create.
Page 2
#2 White Roses. This is a little different for me. I do not typically create art in pencil but it was nice to be able to just draw wherever I was at the time.
Page 3
#3 Techno-pus. This is a new concept that I really enjoyed. I might do a larger version in the future.
Page 4
#4 Free Bird. I enjoy the larger version of this painting much more but people seem to be captivated by the form in this painting.
 This was kind of a fun project to participate in. It was pretty brutal to make these paintings and then chop them into 4 pieces. I did make high quality scans and I am going to make prints available of at least #2 &#3. I hope to get a little bit of web traffic for exposure but we will see. I will post the west coast tour dates on my facebook and for more information this is their site. http://www.sketchbookproject.com/projects/sketchbookproject2013
Post a Comment
 
Copyright © 2013 Leah Garcia's Art | Powered by Blogger